Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sabertooth P67 w/ SSD and Stop 0XF4

I upgraded my desktop system at home to a Samsung 830 series 128GB SSD.  Before even trying to install windows (gaming PC ) to the drive and just having it in the case it caused issues. The system would randomly blue screen with a stop 0XF4.  I started digging around and couldn't really find a definitive answer.

I looked over the specs on my motherboard and realized I had 2 different SATA III controllers. The intel, and marvell. I never had issues in the past so I never thought to really check it. I just knew the brown and grey ports were SATAIII.  Apparently the Marvell controller is inferior to the intel. I moved the SATA cables off the marvell controller and onto the Intel controlled ports. I disabled the marvell controller in the bios since I wouldn't be using it. System currently running stable with zero issues.

Now my Linux OS will have an additional TB for storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment